Friday 16 March 2012

Charly Boy in a face-off with (his wife) Lady Di

Charly Boy and his wife Lady are like an item. In a few weeks they will be celebrating thirty-five  years in marriage. A long torturous  journey, they share their experience with Showtime Celebrity. Their revelations are as exciting as the couple.
Enjoy;
He got me with a fake invitation – Lady Di
How did you meet your  husband?
We met at a hair salon where I used to work in the United States. I think I must have told this story over and over again.
And what was the attraction?
The unique thing in him was the fact that he is a Nigerian and I haven’t really dated a Nigerian man.
That caught my interest. And it wasn’t supposed to be a kind of dating for the first time because he  invited me to a function.
I decided to honour the invitation which of course was fake, and at the end of the day it was dating.
And you came back to Nigeria with him…?
Well, I had no friends or relatives in Nigeria and I was just coming to the country for the first time because of my love for adventures.
I was invited by my in-laws. From the moment I came into Nigeria, it was a different atmosphere and it was hard to get used to the culture. It was different because when I got off the plane, I was confronted with black faces without a mixture of people. It was interesting going to the village and meeting the villagers. When I went to the Oguta lake for the first time- washing and brushing your teeth-it was an adventure.
How did your parents react when you told them you were coming to Africa to marry him?
Initially, it was surprising to them. Actually, I was meant to stay for four weeks but I stayed for eight months. They were so scared because I didnt call home. They had to make some inquiries at the Embassy to find out if I was alive. One day when I called, they were relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment