Tuesday 13 March 2012

Oprah Winfrey Breaks down in Tears as Patricia Houston Recalls Moment she Found Sister In Law Whitney Dead

Whitney Houston's sister-in-law Patricia Houston and Oprah were reduced to tears as she explained the events of February 11  














She's usually the rock who holds it together as people open up about their lives to her.
But even veteran interview Oprah Winfrey couldn't contain her emotions as Patricia recounted the awful moment she discovered her sister-in-law Whitney dead.
Both Oprah and Patricia dissolved into floods of tears during the first television interview with the family since Whitney's death last month.
Recalling the fateful day, February 11, Patricia explained how Whitney had eaten lunch in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton and she was returning from running an errand when she went to go and see the singer in her room.
She explained: 'I headed down the hallway I heard screaming.'
'I was going to her room she had been asking for me she had called my phone twice and I was going to see her.'
Patricia explained: 'I headed down the hallway to her room and I heard screams and I saw the hairstylist (Mary) drop to her knees and I kept walking very slowly a woman opened her door.'
'I saw the makeup artist drop to her knees and I knew something was wrong I was just numb I walked I told her to dial 911.'
At this point both Patricia and Oprah Winfrey broke down in tears at the emotional story.
After regaining her composure Patricia continued: 'I got close and I turned the corner, Mary was at the door and she is screaming "Oh my God" I told her to stop and I said "calm down"'
'When I got into the room I saw Ray (security guard) trying to revive her to the point of exhaustion. I said "Ray", the paramedics were coming in at that point, I said "Ray let it go"'.
'He said "I tried" he was so out of breath I felt so badly for him.'
Patricia said Whitney was in the bathtub and had a peaceful look on her face.
She explained: 'She was in the tub – I don’t know how she got there. They had to pull her out of the tub and were trying to revive her.'
Patricia, who was not only Whitney's friend but also her manager, said the paramedics asked her to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment