Saturday 16 June 2012

IYANYA (The Kurukere Guru) EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW by Dannydigit

Hey Digital commanders, How Y'all doing...Hope you guys are taking advantage of the weekend according to your personal interests?*wink*. I promised to bring to you an exclusive with new music sensation/Kurukere ambassador and guru "IYANYA".
I met up with him at his Crib somewhere in Lekki. I must say his place of abode is on point!!,(ladies) i leave it at that. The hospitality was great, friends and fam were freindly (go #TEAM IYANYA!!)
Here it is...

1. What are your full names and meaning of Iyanya?
     My full names are , Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk. Iyanya means desire

2. Where are you from?
    I'm from Ubio usiere, Eniong Abatim, Calabar, Cross-River.

3. Being a fast rising star artist in the industry, what has been your inspiration thus far?
    God is my inspiration, then followedby people around me, family and a couple other things ...
4. Was being a music artist what you wanted to be all along?
    Nah, not really, always had other intentions for a professional job. I really didn't see it coming,   singing has been my thing though, till the year 2000, when my then Governor Donald Duke brought the carnival to Calabar, and I performed, I was like, so my voice can give me money.. That was the turning point..so legggo

5. What has been the motivating factor to being a music artist?
    For me its been passion, talent, my team ( have mad love for them), money of course to run projects and other things.

6. What challeges did you face?
    Ummm my challenges have been, working hard to surpass the previous hits and pleasing the fans
    out there, because they are as important as the song itself.

7. People had mad love for your song "Kurukere". How did the song come about?
    My Calabar peeps inspired me to write the song because the dance was big there and I decided to do a song for it and by Gods grace put the dance on the map ..(u know, gain recognition).

8. Based on your current hit, fans out there are expecting another party banger. What do you have in
    store for them?
    I'm working on more songs, above all I put all in Gods hands, because you can't please everyone.
    But i'll definitely drop my new singles next month. (y'all heard it first on dannydigitcommand-pr)

9. What has been the lowest point of your career so far?
     Ummm can't say for now lol

10. What has been the highest point of your career so far?
      Its kurukere being a hit..it put me on the "map", because many people though I was no more music
      wise.

11. Are you working on an album?
     Yes I'm working on my album, which would be out before the end of the year by Gods grace.

12. What advice do you have for those artist looking for a break out there in the industry?
      God first, determination, passion, a good producer, a good team and very importantly, defining
      your talent.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT IYANYA
* I Love food
* I Love Shoes
* I Love beautiful and real people.

Thats it peeps, Cool bruv isn't he? Ladies , you heard the man. The best way to his heart would be?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment