Saturday 7 July 2012

Exclusive Interview With ZARAGRETTI - by Dannydigit

After her new hit single TENO, dannydigit has been wanting to do a profile on ZARA GRETTI, curiousity from fans and I myself about this Pretty, young and energetic Nigerian-American lady, an independent act at that. Zara Gretti is definately not a stranger to the industry. Yes it's been a while we heard from her( Aboko ku) but the Dark Diva is back with The "TENO" video, showing she's going to be around for a long long time. She is indeed "the Queen of the Jungle".
In this interview, she tells us a lot about herself, passion, goals, inspiration, e.t.c.....


1. How long have you been on the music scene?
I first stepped into a recording booth in 2006.  Then I really started discovering the artist in me in 2007.  That's a while right? The rest is still history in the making :)

2. What were you up to during the interval of your last single in 2006 and this current one "Teno"?
My last single "Aboko Ku" was released in 2010 and the video released in January 2011.  I was serving at Rhythm 93.7fm in Lagos for the bulk of 2011 and was occupied until my NYSC service year was done. I recorded on features but did not release another single till late 2011. My baby's name is "Teno".

3. What have been your influences music wise?
Life, dance, and determined-goal-getting-women are my biggest influences. Shout outs to Madonna. She is #1 on my list of box-kicking women. LOL
4. Has there been one particular moment in your musical career so far, that you are proud of? 
Every moment is connected and I am proud of every moment. Shooting my last two videos though... PRIDE!!! I went beast-mode for the "Aboko Ku" video shoot. Found the "deserted" location in Ajah, rode on an okada at 1am from Victoria Island to Ajah, found a hotel, paid for the rooms for the team, and rode the same okada back home at the Jakande area in Lekki.  Then shooting the "#TENO" entirely independently.  I realized I am a strong woman who is surrounded by WONDERFUL people. God's the reason I am able to forge through all life's handed me with my head still up.

5. What label are you signed on at the moment?
I am an independent artiste under the ILVIDONLA imprint.

6. What makes your music unique?
There's usually a fun factor in my music and I'm not afraid to explore new territories.  I deliver in rap, melody, patois and sprinkle a LOT of spirit on it.

7. What has your biggest challenge been?
Total acceptance of Self.  I've accepted that I can't please everyone so I can only be myself.  Those who get me, get me. It took me a while to get here. lol
8. What does your family think of your profession and do they support you?
My family likes to see me happy so they are very supportive of my career choice.

9. Tell us your most embarrassing moment if you have any
Embarrassing? What is that? ;)  I guess I should've been embarassed when I fell during a performance on October 1st, 2011, but I rocked it even harder from the floor. LOL

10. As an artist , what do you hope to accomplish through your songs?
I hope to make a connection with my audience as I share through my songs.

11. As an artist, when things seem to be going negative, how do you turn it into positive?
I breathe. Take the negatve as a lesson. Remember where I'm headed. Encourage myself, and keep it moving.

12. Tell me a bout your drive
I see myself where I want to be. I pace myself and work at arriving with every breath I take.

13. Do you have a slogan that would leave a positive impact on your fans when heard?
No one can love you like you do, so do it with every fiber of your being. Love YOU.

14 . When are we to watch out for your album.
Please stay watching luv. You'll know when the fruit is ripe and ready to drop.

15. Is there anyone you would like to thank. For helping you actualise your dream?
God and the angels He assigned to me.
16. You have been exposed to different cultures, hence, where do you think your largest fanbase is located?
Everyday I find that I have people who love my music scattered across the globe.  Let's say my largest fanbase is on the internet.

17. What's next on the agenda?
Please get on www.ZaraGretti.com to always be updated.  I'll share everytttttin!


18. Your new hit Teno, is all over, the video is on point and more. What inspired the song?
I was almost done my NYSC year, couldn't sleep in my NPHC deprived room (no power).  The words "Kokoro da (Where are the keys)? Start the car" came to me and the song about being driven came to life.

Make a #shoutout.
Everybody who takes time to listen to my music, watch my videos, and allows me share with them is special to me.  I love them. Shouts to them.

And 3 things to know about you.
I love vegetables, I love my God and I really do love YOU.

watch TENO Official video below

3 comments:

  1. she's awesome , like her attitude ....go girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get enough of teno video

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dey feel this Zara gretti chick- gbabe

    ReplyDelete