Thursday 28 August 2014

Kate Henshaw to take 8 years break from acting for politics

Actress Kate Henshaw has revealed she plans to take a break from acting to face politics squarely. When asked if she's quitting acting for politics in an interview with Sahara TV, Ms Henshaw said;
"Well, Well, I will take a break to serve the larger population of Nigeria. I won't quit. Arnold Schwarzenegger was Governor and he is back to acting again. You take time off,you serve your people. I don't hope to be there forever. I just want to do, make noise, leave when the ovation is loudest. That's the best way. Yeah ...I don't want to be there for 10 years, 12 years, 16 years, that's the best way. I want to do other things. 4-8 years, that's the limit you can hold me to my word." 
Asked if she won't want to exceed the 4-8 years duration, Kate responded
"There has to be another person, who will go through the process, who would want to try. That's the problem. Too many people stay in one place for so long and other people just lose hope and say why would I even bother. So let someone start getting the knowledge. I would help whoever is in the Cross River state to come with me, go through the process, meet the elders, whoever...get ready to take your chair because nobody is going to come and pick you. You have to push your head inside there" she said
Asked if she has gathered enough money to pursue her political ambition, Kate said
"There is no money. I can't match the people who have been in the system for 20, 30 years. I am going with God and my heart" she said
Asked if she will share money as most Nigerian Politicians do, Kate said;
"I'm not sharing money. If you continue sharing money, it will never stop. If you want a change, a true change, then vote for me and you will see the change. But if you want money, hey, go for money and stay where you are and don't even complain" she said
Kate declared her intention contest for the Federal House or Representatives for Calabar Municipal/Odunkpani Federal Constituency under the PDP on July 19th

No comments:

Post a Comment