Tuesday 4 March 2014

Chimamanda Adichie asked to be addressed as a Ms and not a Mrs .

Unmmm thi is actually a tricky one . Although the speculations that prolific writer Chimamanda Adichie have separated from her US-based husband, Dr. Ivara Esega , she confirms in an interview is actually false . The talks emanated because she insited on being referred to as a Ms instead of a Mrs .
In an interview with Sun Newspaper on Saturday March 1, Ms Adichie told the interviewer who addressed her as Mrs Chimamanda Adichie, to simply call her Chimamanda Adichie.
“Before we start (the interview), please, I just want to say that my name is Chimamanda Adichie. That’s how I want it; that’s how I’m addressed, and it is not Mrs but Miss. Ms: that’s how I want it. I am saying this, because I just got a mail from my manager this morning. It seems that there are people who attended the church service, and they wrote about it, addressing me as Mrs. Chimamanda (Esega). I didn’t like that at all. So my name is Chimamanda Adichie, full stop!”
LMAO ... Is there anything wrong with what Ms Adichie said? Well this is a serious topic to be discussed .. if the man is cool with it , then fine . in the mean  time find out details from Wikipedia and tell us what you think 

No comments:

Post a Comment