Saturday 1 March 2014

Dencia replies Lupita Nyongo'o ..says Lupita's PR conjured that email about her whitenicious

This issue started when Dencia tweeted yesterday that she was asked during an interview about an African nominated for the Oscars,and she said she didn't know.She also said she doesn't watch movies and  doesn't care about who wins or not. Obviously Lupita's speech didn't seat well with her.
Coincidentally yesterday, Lupita Nyongo was awarded at the Essence Luncheon alongside the likes of Oprah and more ..Lupita gave a moving speech on black beauty and made reference to Dencia's whitenicious . Part of it read
"I want to take this opportunity to talk about beauty, Black beauty, dark beauty. I received a letter from a girl and I’d like to share just a small part of it with you: “Dear Lupita,” it reads, “I think you’re really lucky to be this Black but yet this successful in Hollywood overnight. I was just about to buy Dencia’s Whitenicious cream to lighten my skin when you appeared on the world map and saved me.”
Full speech (HERE) ..Now Dencia says Lupita spinned it and no fan sent her a letter because according to Dencia, she checked Lupita's twitter bio and there is no email address.....


No comments:

Post a Comment